terça-feira, 13 de junho de 2023

PEREIRA´S FIRST STUDENT TO BECOME A MASTER

[Preparando a primeira sala que viria a ser nossa escola no bairro do Méier em Abril de 2011]
[Preparing the first room that would become our school
 in the Méier wild neighborhood in April 2011]

Meu pai costumava lavar o carro ouvindo Elton John no último volume. Eu saia e passava por ele, e era uma cena que não parecia fazer muito sentido, afinal ele era sempre muito sério em casa mas enquanto lavava o carro, cantava junto as músicas obrigando indiretamente toda a vizinhança a ouvir também. Ele tinha um CD com as melhores músicas do Elton John, mas eu nunca dei muita importância. Muitos anos depois, estava eu assistindo a cinebiografia deste cantor, pouco depois do falecimento do meu pai. Abri um sorriso lembrando daquelas cenas dele lavando o carro, mas o que mais me impactou naquele filme, foi uma cena com a música “I´m still standing” tocando... - “Cara, como eu nunca prestei atenção na letra dessa música?”- Me emocionei bastante e aquela passou a ser uma das minhas músicas favoritas...

My dad used to wash the car listening to Elton John at top volume. I would went out the house and pass by him, and it was a scene that didn't seem to make much sense, after all he was always very serious at home but while he was washing the car, he sang along to the songs indirectly forcing the whole neighborhood to listen too. He had a CD of Elton John's greatests songs, but I never paid much attention to it. Many years later, I was watching this singer's biopic, shortly after my father's death. I opened a smile remembering those scenes of him washing the car, but what most impacted me in that movie, was a scene with the song “I´m still standing” playing... - “Man, how I never paid attention to the lyrics of this song ?”- I got really emotional and that became one of my favorite songs...
Nos últimos meses, muita coisa aconteceu. Eu vivia me sentindo “pesado”... Não sei explicar... Alguns acontecimentos que atribuo a minha sorte imbatível se sucederam para que as coisas melhorassem. E isso culminou no início formal do processo de titulação de Mestre do meu discípulo Keith Markus. 
Comuniquei ao meu Si Fu na primeira oportunidade, que deu seu “ok”. Na outra ponta, meu Si Gung Leo Imamura que preside a Moy Yat Ving Tsun Martial Intelligence deu total apoio ao projeto, e juntos dele outros Mestres como meu Si Baak Nataniel e Si Suk como Felipe Soares e Quintela também resolveram participar. Então o Si Gung aproveitando o potencial desta situação, fez um planejamento minucioso e ousado com previsão de um ano para esta jornada... Com isso, todos os membros do Grande Clã Moy Yat Sang poderiam se beneficiar deste processo que iniciou-se através do Markus. 
 

In the last few months, a lot has happened. I was always feeling “heavy”... I can't explain it... Some events that I attribute to my unbeatable luck happened to make things better. And that culminated in the formal beginning of the Master title process for my disciple Keith Markus.
I communicated to my Si Fu at the first opportunity, who gave his “ok”. At the other end, my Si Gung Leo Imamura who presides over Moy Yat Ving Tsun Martial Intelligence gave full support to the project, and together with him other Masters like my Si Baak Nataniel and Si Suk like Felipe Soares and Quintela also decided to participate. So Si Gung, taking advantage of the potential of this situation, made meticulous and daring planning with a forecast of one year for this journey... With that, all members of the Grand Clan Moy Yat Sang could benefit from this process that began through the Markus.

A anuência do meu Si Fu e o envolvimento direto do meu Si Gung e outros membros do Grande Clã, auxiliam, a meu ver, a trajetória do Keith Markus. Eu já estou no meu oitavo ano como um “Si Fu” e já estou prestes a completar 40 anos de idade, apesar disso, acredito que por ter inaugurado a primeira Família de Décima Segunda Geração e com a titulação do Keith Markus, termos o primeiro Mestre de Décima Terceira Geração Titulado, eu preferi dividir essa responsabilidade. Eu acho que pela sua dedicação ininterrupta em todos esses anos, o Keith Markus e qualquer outro discípulo, não precisam ficar restritos aos meus oito anos de experiência como Si Fu. Então venho fazendo esforços contínuos para aproximá-los do meu Si Fu e do Grande Clã.

The consent of my Si Fu and the direct involvement of my Si Gung and other members of the Grand Clan, in my opinion, help Keith Markus' trajectory. I'm already in my eighth year as a "Si Fu" and I'm about to turn 40 years old, despite that, I believe that by having inaugurated the first Twelfth Generation Family and with the title of Keith Markus, we have the first Thirteenth Generation Titled Master, I preferred to share this responsibility. I think that due to his uninterrupted dedication over all these years, Keith Markus and any other disciple, do not need to be restricted to my eight years of experience as a Si Fu. So I've been making continuous efforts to bring them closer to my Si Fu and the Grand Clan.
[Admissão na Família Kung Fu em Outubro de '99 com Si Fu]
[Joining the Kung Fu Family in October '99 with Si Fu]

Num final de noite de Terça de 2007 na lendária mesa de vidro do Si Fu no Mo Gun que ficava no prédio “Blue Sky”, meu Si Fu disse-me - “Não quero ser o elo fraco da corrente” -  Aquela frase me impactou muito e guardei ela comigo. E mesmo tomando decisões resultantes da minha falta de experiência como um Si Fu, a minha incrível sorte foi me levando por todos os caminhos até chegar a este marco.  Afinal, começa aqui um novo desafio de não só ser um “elo digno” dessa mesma corrente, como ajudar a próxima geração a faze-lo com a mesma dignidade. 
Meu Si Fu disse certa vez que - “Em alguns momentos basta você sobreviver” - Então é como se você apenas permanecer de pé, os momentos difíceis e incertos atravessam você, e depois momentos especiais acontecem...  E eu ainda estou de pé.

“...Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did?
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
...I'm still ...Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...“ [Elton John]


On a late Tuesday night in 2007 at the legendary Si Fu's glass table at the old Mo Gun located in the “Blue Sky” building, my Si Fu told me - “I don't want to be the weak link in the chain” - That sentence struck me a lot and kept it with me. And even making decisions resulting from my lack of experience as a Si Fu, my incredible luck was taking me all the way until I reached this milestone. After all, here begins a new challenge of not only being a “worthy link” in that same chain, but also helping the next generation to do so with the same dignity.
My Si Fu once said that - "In some moments it is enough for you to survive" - So it's as if you just remain standing, difficult and uncertain times cross you, and then special moments happen... And I´m still standing.

“...Don't you know I'm still standing better than I ever did?
Looking like a true survivor, feeling like a little kid
I'm still standing after all this time
...I'm still ...Yeah, Yeah, Yeah...“ [Elton John]


 

The Disciple of Master Julio Camacho
Thiago Pereira "Moy Fat Lei"
moyfatlei.myvt@gmail.com.