domingo, 10 de maio de 2020

PATRIARCH MOY YAT ON MOTHER´S DAY (FROM "A LEGEND OF KUNG FU MASTERS)

No "Dia das mães", trazemos mais uma vez doze anos depois, o artigo de Si Taai Gung Moy Yat sobre esta data. O artigo "Mother´s day" está presente em seu livro "A Legend of Kung Fu Masters". 

On "Mother's Day", we bring you again twelve years later, Si Taai Gung Moy Yat's article on this date. The article "Mother´s day" is present in his book "A Legend of Kung Fu Masters".
(SCROLL DOWN FOR ENGLISH VERSION)




"MOTHER´S DAY" (Texto do Livro "A Legend of Kung Fu Masters")

Mudei-me para os Estados Unidos dezessete anos atrás. Antes disso, eu nunca tinha visto o "Dia das Mães", embora agora eu o veja todos os anos. É estranho que um dia tão importante não seja comemorado na China. Até escrever um artigo sobre o dia das mães, nunca percebi que tinha tão pouco conhecimento sobre um evento tão importante.
Como se originou o dia das mães? Por que o dia das mães é um feriado separado? Como alguém de fora, acho difícil entender a ideia do dia das mães. Talvez se eu fosse mulher fosse mais fácil. Eu gostaria de descrever meus sentimentos sobre minha mãe e este dia das mães. Tentei escrever um poema, mas não tinha as palavras. Então eu farei o meu melhor.
Praticamente todo ser vivo tem uma mãe. Os seres humanos são criaturas peculiares, nascidas com uma espécie de grosseria. Nós respeitamos e admiramos coisas que são raras e incomuns. As mães são tão comuns (todo mundo tem uma), por isso não prestamos atenção especial a elas, apenas dando-as como garantidas.
Embora eu faça meu próprio horário, geralmente estou muito ocupado. Eu tenho pouco tempo para a TV. Ultimamente, no entanto, eu vi um programa de Hong Kong chamado "Mãe". A história foi tão emocionante que eu chorei. A mãe da história foi tão gentil que me lembrou muito minha mãe e minhas mães em todos os lugares.
O dia das mães em Chinatown é muito movimentado, principalmente nos restaurantes. Grandes grupos de família cercam a mãe rindo colocando flores em suas mãos, todos jantando juntos. Pelo menos eles a alimentam uma vez por ano, então a mãe está muito feliz neste dia.
Bebês jovens são alimentados por suas mães. O leite da mãe flui para a boca do bebê desde o primeiro dia de vida e continua por muitas e muitas refeições, aqui e em todo o mundo. Em quase qualquer dia, você pode ir a qualquer lugar e ver as mães alimentando seus filhos, não apenas no dia das mães. Eu próprio tenho mãe, mas nunca notei o dia das mães. Faço refeições em casa com minha mãe todos os dias, e minha mãe diz que é mais feliz do que outras mães que só comem fora com suas famílias uma vez por ano.
Um dia desses, se eu tiver o poder de conquistar o mundo inteiro, a primeira coisa que farei é mudar o dia 13 de maio para 365 dias do dia das mães.


"Mother´s Day" (Text from the book "A Legend of the Kung Fu Masters")

I moved to the United States seventeen years ago. Before that time I never saw a "Mother´s Day", although now I see it every year. It´s strange that such a big day is not celebrated in China. Until I had to write an article about Mother´s day I never realized I had such little knowledge about such an important event.

How did Mother´s Day originate? Why is Mother´s Day a separate holiday? As an outsider I find it difficult to understand the idea of a Mother´s Day. Perhaps if I were a woman it would be easier. I would like to describe my feelings about my mother and this Mother´s Day. I tried to write a poem, but didn´t have the words. So I´ll do my best. 

Virtually every living thing has a mother. Human beings are peculiar creatures, born with a kind of rudeness. We respect and admire thing that are rare and uncommon. Mothers are so common(everybody had one), so we pay them so special attention, just taking them for granted. 

Even though I make my own schedule I´m usually very busy. I have little time for TV. Lately, however, I saw a program from Hong Kong called "Mother". The story was so touching that I cried. The mother in the story was  so kind, she reminded me very much of my own mother and mothers everywhere.

Mother´s Day in Chinatown is very busy, especially in the restaurants. Large groups of family surround the laughing lady with flowers on her chest, all having dinner together. At least they feed her once a year, so mother is very happy on this day. 


Young babies are fed by their mothers. Mother´s milk flows to the baby´s mouth from his first day of life, and continues for many, many meals, here and all over the world. On almost any day you can go anywhere and asee the mothers feeding their children, not just on Mother´s Day. I myself have a mother, but I never noticed a Mother´s Day. I have meals home with my mother everyday, and my mother says she´s happier than other mothers who only eat out with their families once a year.

One of these days, if I have the power to conquer the whole world, the first thing I´ll do is to change May 13th Mother´s Day into 365 days of Mother´s day.