segunda-feira, 23 de outubro de 2017

GETTING IN SHAPE WITH SI FU JULIO CAMACHO : THE SI FU 'S DIET,

 
 (Em 2013, comendo pastéis com Si Fu no restaurante do irmão Kung Fu Bruno Bernardo. 
Os pastéis eram uma das especialidades da casa.)

(In 2013, eating pastries with Si Fu in the restaurant of  Kung Fu brother Bruno Bernardo. Pasties were one of the specialties of the house.)

Em Junho desse ano cheguei aos 100 Kg, mas não foi isso que me fez mudar completamente meus hábitos alimentares e iniciar uma rotina de exercícios. Na verdade foi por conta de uma corrida com Si Fu. 
Estávamos tomando um café da manhã no Condomínio Península numa manhã de Domingo por volta das 7:30 am , tínhamos um compromisso com Fabiano Silva no Mo Gun um pouco mais tarde. Quando estava próximo do horário marcado, Si Fu e eu começamos a caminhar em direção ao Mo Gun, no meio do caminho começou a chover e Si Fu saiu em disparada correndo me chamando para acompanhá-lo.

In June of this year I was 100 kg, but that was not what made me completely change my eating habits and start an exercise routine. It was actually during a running with Si Fu.
We were having breakfast at the Peninsula Condominium on a Sunday morning around 7:30 am, we had an appointment with Fabiano Silva at Mo Gun a little later. When it was near the appointed time, Si Fu and I started walking towards the Mo Gun, it started to rain in the middle of the road, and Si Fu rushed forward calling for me to accompany him running.
(Almoço com Si Fu no dia em que fizemos a tal corrida no Península. 
Interessante observar depois desse período meu aspecto cansado.)

(Lunch with Si Fu on the day we made that race on the Peninsula.
Interesting to note  my tired appearance at the time.)

Apesar da nossa diferença de idade, por mais que eu corresse não conseguia alcançá-lo! Eu realmente estava correndo com tudo mas me sentia pesado, meu joelho começou a doer e eu perdi o fôlego. Aquilo me frustrou profundamente. Porém, só conseguia pensar enquanto puxava o ar com dificuldade, nas palavras de Si Fu ao longo de meses para mim, a cada vez que me via comendo "besteiras"  no almoço: "Não faz sentido Pereira, em função da nossa diferença de idade, meu corpo ser mais saudável do que o seu. "

Despite our age difference, however much I ran, I could not reach him! I was really running with everything but I felt heavy, my knee started to ache and I lost my breath. It frustrated me deeply. However, I could only think as I struggled with the air, in Si Fu's words over months to me, every time he saw myself eating junkie food: "It does not make sense Pereira, due to our age difference , my body is healthier than yours. "
(Durante um período no final da década passada, Si Fu ficou um pouco acima do peso, logo depois emagreceu e ficou um pouco adoentado, quando não era isso, ele se machucava. 
Em uma dessas ocasiões, ele chegou a usar moletas 
como vemos na divertida foto que ele tirou na época com o Si Hing Leonardo Reis. )

(During a period at the end of the last decade, Si Fu was a little overweight, soon after became thin and became a bit sick, when it was not sick, he would get hurt.
On one of these occasions, he came to use crutches as we see in the fun photo he took at the time with Si Hing Leonardo Reis. )

Foi então que de repente, a cada semana, a cada mês, eu o via mudar sua alimentação. Ele passou a escolher com sabedoria tudo que colocava no prato, de vez em quando falava sobre isso: " Para mim é muito estranho quando as pessoas tratam o alimento apenas como compostos químicos devido ao nível de vontade de entrar em forma. Eu prefiro chamar carne de carne, mas saber o que se está comendo e como comer, sem dúvidas, é importante."

It was then that suddenly, every week, every month, I watched him change his diet. He wisely chose everything he put on his plate, occasionally speaking about it: "It's very strange to me when people treat food only as chemical compounds because of the willingness to get in shape.I would rather call meat as 'meat', but knowing what you are eating and how to eat, without a doubt, is important. "

(Graças a Si Fu, estive em restaurantes e em refeições em casas de pessoas que nunca conheceria. Na foto acima, acostumado a comer no máximo no McDonald´s assim como meu irmão Kung Fu Phelipe ao meu lado(risos), não entendíamos
bem o sofisticado almoço na casa de uma irmã Kung Fu em 2007. Ao meu lado o Mestre Diego Guadelupe).

(Thanks to Si Fu, I've been to restaurants and dining in people's homes that I'd never be. In the picture above, I used to eat at McDonald's as well as my  Kung Fu brother Phelipe by my side (laughs), we did not understand well the sophisticated lunch at the house of a  Kung Fu sis  in 2007. 
By my side is also the Master Diego Guadelupe).


Inspirado por ver a mudança de Si Fu, resolvi entrar em dieta. Segui a risca a famosa Dieta Gracie e ela funcionou mesmo. Eu emagreci de forma assustadora e voltei ao meu peso normal em pouquíssimo tempo. Ao comentar com Si Fu, ele me pediu detalhes a respeito e terminou dizendo: "Você está fazendo a dieta errada..." - Ele colocou a comida na boca e sorriu enquanto mastigava , depois prosseguiu: "Você precisa fazer a dieta do Si Fu" - Ele fez mais uma pausa e me olhou sorrindo.
Pouco tempo depois, eu não consegui manter a disciplina da dieta Gracie e voltei a ganhar peso.

Inspired by seeing the change of Si Fu, I decided to go on a diet. I followed the famous Gracie Diet and it worked really well . I lost wieght in a frightening way and returned to my normal weight . In commenting on Si Fu, he asked me for details and ended by saying, "You're doing the wrong diet ..." He put the food in his mouth and smiled as he chewed, then continued, "You need to do the Si Fu's diet. "- He paused and looked at me, smiling.
Shortly afterwards, I could not maintain the discipline  of the Gracie diet and regained weight.
(Podemos comer o que quisermos contanto que seja adequado ao momento. Ao final das práticas de Quarta que eu coordenava até 2009, saíamos para comer pizza. Mais tarde, decidimos comer cachorro-quente na barraca mais famosa de Jacarepaguá.
 A cultura se estabeleceu de tal forma, que a cada semana alguém se juntava a nós , inclusive Si Fu , risos, e mesmo após o fim desta práticas, uma vez por semana estávamos lá.)

(We can eat whatever we want as long as it suits the moment.At the end of the Fourth practices that I coordinated until 2009, we would go out to eat pizza. Later, we decided to eat hot dogs in the most famous tent in Jacarepaguá.
  The culture was established in such a way that every week someone joined us, including Si Fu, laughs, and even after the end of this practices, once a week we were there)

Ao longo de 18 anos, Si Fu me mostrou como me comportar em diferentes ambientes de restaurante. Me explicou, que podemos entender a cultura de um povo através de sua culinária: "Você já reparou como a culinária japonesa é toda organizada? Vem tudo separado no prato? A culinária chinesa por outro lado, parece bagunçada para a maioria das pessoas, mas você consegue perceber cada gosto da mesma forma." - Disse Si Fu certa vez. Já em outra oportunidade ao me ver com vários pedaços de bacon no prato de macarrão, perguntou : "Pereira, o que é isso aí? " -  Respondi para ele: "É bacon, coloquei para dar um gostinho." - Obviamente falei sem pensar. Si Fu pareceu inconformado com a resposta e sorriu parecendo não acreditar. Finalmente ele disse algo como: "Pereira, quando a gente come macarrão, o gosto tem que ser de macarrão. Se você quer gosto de bacon, você come bacon". - Eu fiquei olhando para ele com o garfo na mão e comecei a catar o bacon do prato: "Não !" - Disse ele rindo - "Agora come o seu bacon aí!" - Completou.

Over the course of 18 years, Si Fu showed me how to behave in different restaurant settings. He explained to me that we can understand the culture of a people through their cuisine: "Have you ever noticed how Japanese cuisine is all organized?Everything comes apart on the plate? Chinese cuisine on the other hand may seem messy for ordinary people, but you can appreciate every single taste as well."-  Si Fu said once. 
Already another time seeing me with several pieces of bacon on the pasta dish, he asked: "Pereira, what's it?" - I said to him: "It's bacon, I put it to give a little taste." -Obviously I said it without thinking. Si Fu sounded unhappy with the response and smiled as if he did not believe it. Finally he said something like: "Pereira, when you eat pasta, the taste has to be pasta. If you want to taste bacon, you eat bacon." - I stared at him with my fork in my hand and began to pick the bacon from the plate: "No!" - He said laughing - "Now eat your bacon there!" - Completed.
(Esta é uma foto que muito me emociona. Adorava sair com a Paula e o Si Fu. 
Neste dia, experimentei Temaki pela primeira vez. 
Na verdade, nunca tinha ouvido falar e Si Fu me explicou o que era rs)

(This is a very moving photo. I used to love hanging out with Paula and Si Fu.
On this day, I tried Temaki for the first time.
In fact, I had never heard of it and Si Fu explained to me what it was)


Em outra oportunidade,em umu café da manhã, Si Fu me viu enchendo de mel um prato com algumas panquecas. Quando olhei pra frente, ele estava em silêncio, paralisado com um sorriso olhando para o meu prato. Ele fez a mesma pergunta: "Pereira...Me diz uma coisa... O que é isso aí?" . Sem perceber respondi: "É pra dar um gostinho!" - Assim que falei acabei rindo. Então Si Fu me chamou a atenção e perguntou: "Você já parou pra pensar no quanto essa ideia de comer o que se gosta é infantil?" - Eu não consegui compreender num primeiro momento, mas com o tempo me foi possível refletir a respeito.

Another time, on a breakfast, Si Fu saw me filling a plate with some pancakes with honey. When I looked ahead, he was silent, paralyzed with a smile looking at my plate. He asked the same question: "Pereira ... Tell me something ... What is it?" . Without answering, I answered: "It's to give a little taste!"-  As soon as I said I just laughed. So Si Fu called my attention and asked: "Have you stopped to think how much this idea of eating what you like is childish?" - I could not understand at first, but over time I was able to reflect on it.
(No final dos anos 2000, nos encontrávamos com Si Fu as 5:30h no Mo Gun aos Sábados e caminhávamos até a praia. Lá, já as 6am, corríamos 
por uma hora e terminávamos fazendo Siu Nim Tau. Foram bons momentos!)

(At the end of the 2000s, we would meet Si Fu at 5:30 in the Mo Gun on Saturdays and walk to the beach. There, at 6am, we would run for an hour and finish doing
 Siu Nim Tau.Those were good times!)

Depois daquela corrida no Península, achei que era hora de fazer "A dieta do Si Fu". Nada de passar por privações radicais , mas usar o Kung Fu na hora de me alimentar. Não tratar os alimentos como meras composições químicas, mas entendê-los a ponto de organizar o que se come a cada período da semana. Entender, que comer "O que se gosta" está muito atrelado a nossa própria história de vida. Podemos nos refinar e trocar a Coca-Cola do jantar por um bom vinho. 
Além disso, não se dedicar a conseguir a melhor desculpa para não se exercitar, mas aproveitar esse tempo escolhendo uma boa playlist e começar a se mexer ainda que de madrugada.

After that race on the Peninsula, I thought it was time to finally start the "Si Fu's Diet". I was not going through radical diet, but use Kung Fu to feed me. Do not treat foods as mere chemical compositions, but understand them to the point of organizing what I would eat each time of the week. To understand that eating "What you like" is very much linked to our own life history. We can refine ourselves and exchange Coca-Cola to a good wine.
Also, do not dedicate yourself to getting the best excuse for not exercising, but enjoy this time by choosing a good playlist and start to move even at dawn.
(Já fazendo "A Dieta do Si Fu" ao final do primeiro mês os resultados na mudança
 física e de atitude já eram visíveis em comparação as fotos da viagem à Europa.)

(Already doing "The Si Fu Diet" at the end of the first month results in the change
physical and attitude were already visible in comparison to the photos of the trip to Europe.)


Então, como mágica, através da "Dieta do Si Fu", você não só se vê perdendo peso e entrando em forma, mas de alguma forma, se sente mais leve, mais disposto e claro: Mais feliz.

So as magic, through the "Si Fu Diet", you not only see yourself losing weight and getting in shape, but somehow, you feel lighter, more willing and of course: Happier.
(Descobri um cantinho no gramado do Península que eu adoro ficar para resolver minhas coisas, fazer minha agenda e o que mais der pra fazer. Nesse dia, estava fazendo o calendário do Clã Moy Jo Lei Ou para 2018 ao som de "Somooth Operator" da Sade..rs Algo que eu não faria três meses atrás!)

(I discovered a little spot on the Peninsula lawn that I love to stay to sort out my things, make my schedule and whatever else I could do. On this day in the picture, I was making the Moy Jo Lei Ou Clan calendar for 2018 listening to  "Somooth Operator" by Sade. Something I would not do three months ago!)


É como se um brilho voltasse a você. E então, esta disposição permite com que você aproveite os momentos simples, os lugares improváveis e os sorrisos mais espontâneos, que antes, você estaria "Muito cansado" para apreciar ou viver.
Porém, nos últimos três meses, em que perdi 14 Kg e me sinto tão bem, graças a essa dieta e rotina de exercícios, nada foi mais significativo do que o último feriado nacional, no qual patinei cerca de 14 Km entre minha casa e a praia da Barra da Tijuca sem que meu joelho doesse. 

E essa nova liberdade eu agradeço ao Si Fu.

It's like a glow coming back to you. And then, this new attitude allows you to enjoy the simple moments, the unlikely places and the more spontaneous smiles, that before, you would be "Too tired" to enjoy or live.
But in the last three months, when I lost 14 kg and I feel so good, thanks to this diet and exercise routine, nothing was more significant than the last national holiday, in which I skated waering roller-blades about 14 km between my house and the Barra da Tijuca beach without my knee ached.

And for this new freedom, I thank Si Fu.
Segue o vídeo abaixo deste momento inesquecível! A música pode soar um pouco cafona (risos) mas é uma de minhas preferidas. (risos)

Watch  the video below of this unforgettable moment! The music may sound a little tacky (laughs) but it's one of my favorites. (laughs)


The Disciple of Master Julio Camacho
Thiago Pereira "Moy Fat Lei"
moyfatlei.myvt@gmail.com