quinta-feira, 7 de dezembro de 2017

WHO IS THE MOST IMPORTANT STUDENT IN A KUNG FU FAMILY ?



(Junto de meu Si Fu na abertura oficial do "Jiu Paai" do Mo Gun de minha Família Kung Fu)
(Alongside my Si Fu during the openning of the "Jiu Paai" of my Kung Fu Family´s Mo Gun)

Era uma ensolarada manhã de algum Sábado de 2007. Eu terminei a prova de Espanhol Instrumental na minha querida e saudosa Universidade no bairro de Piedade. Fazia aquela matéria com um monte de gente que precisava se formar de diversos cursos diferentes. Éramos como uma espécie de “Legião Estrangeira”, renegados em seus próprios cursos que buscavam a redenção. Por isso, sempre que ia para aquela aula me lembrava do filme “Leão Branco “(Lion Heart,1990) do Van Damme, no qual ele era um Legionário, e sorria sozinho achando graça desta besteira enquanto caminhava pelos corredores. (risos)

It was a sunny morning of some Saturday, 2007. I finished the Spanish Language exam at my beloved and dear University in the neighborhood of Piedade.I was in this class with a lot of people who needed to graduate from several different courses. We were like a sort of "Foreign Legion," renegade in our own courses seeking redemption. So whenever I went to that class, I remembered Van Damme's "Lion's Heart" (1990), in which he was a Legionnaire, and I used to smile alone, amused by this silly tought as I walked down the corridors. (laughs)
 (As chamorsas ruas do Engenho de Dentro em 2007)
(The charming streets of Engenho de Dentro in 2007)

 Saí da faculdade, e fui caminhando pelos bairros do Encantado e Engenho de Dentro até chegar ao Méier. Caminhava ouvindo meu MP3 azul de 250MB , indicação do meu irmão Kung Fu Rodrigo Moreira, até então apenas um amigo de faculdade. 
A manhã estava incrível, e você podia me ver caminhando satisfeito pela Rua Dias da Cruz que corta o Méier ,enquanto ouvia “Down under” do Men At Work ou “Ah La La along (sweat) do Inner Circle. Estava indo em direção a Escola de Dança na qual funcionava a antiga Unidade Méier da Moy Yat Ving Tsun Martial Intelligence.  Teríamos uma palestra naquela tarde.

I left college, and I walked through the neighborhoods of Encantado and Engenho de Dentro until I reached Méier. I walked around listening to my 250MB blue MP3 player, an indication of my  Kung Fu brother Rodrigo Moreira, until then only a friend from college.
The morning was amazing, and you could see me walking happily down Dias da Cruz Street that cuts Méier down while listening to Men At Work's "Down under" or Inner Circle's "Ah La La along (sweat)". He was headed toward the Dance School where the former Moy Yat Ving Tsun Martial Intelligence studio was operating. We'd have a lecture that afternoon.



(Na porta da escola de Dança na qual funcionava a Unidade Méier em 2007. 
No pescoço, os fones cinza do meu saudoso MP3 azul)
(In the front door of the dance school where we used to run the former MYVT Meier Studio. 
                        On my neck, my gray ear-phones of my dear Blue Mp3 player)

 Eu havia me preparado para qualquer coisa, pois dias antes quando havia acontecido uma palestra na escola de astrologia na qual minha Irmã Kung Fu Paula Gama dava aula, Si Fu havia me perguntado enquanto subíamos as escadas , se eu queria fazer a palestra. Sentindo meu despreparo, ele apenas me alertou da importância de estar mais do que acompanhando ele, atento a este tipo de possibilidade. Quando cheguei à Escola de Dança, troquei minha roupa pelo uniforme completo da MYVT e organizei as cadeiras no local do workshop sozinho. Depois disso, fiquei na recepção conversando com uma dos três primeiros membros do Ving Tsun Experience no Méier: Erika Martnovisk .
Três horas depois, no horário combinado, Si Fu , Si Suk Ursula, Si Suk Diego e demais pessoas foram chegando. Rodrigo Moreira, que ainda não era membro da Família, levou muitos de seus amigos, dentre eles Felipe Mury, para assistirem a palestra.

I had prepared myself for anything, for days before when a lecture had taken place at the astrology school where my Sister Kung Fu Paula Gama taught, Si Fu had asked me as we went up the stairs if I wanted to lead the lecture. Feeling my unpreparedness, he only alerted me to the importance of being more than accompanying him, mindful of this kind of possibility. When I arrived at the Dance School, I changed my clothes into the full MYVT uniform and organized the chairs on the workshop site alone. After that, I stayed at the reception desk talking to one of the first three members of the Ving Tsun Experience in Méier: Erika Martnovisk.
Three hours later, in the combined time, Si Fu, Si Suk Ursula, Si Suk Diego and other people were arriving. Rodrigo Moreira, who was not yet a member of the Family, took many of his friends, among them Felipe Mury, to attend the lecture




(Único registro do momento em que Si Fu deixa a sala. Ao fundo a direita, podemos ver Si Suk Ursula e Si Suk Diego se organizando com a inesperada responsabilidade. No fundo à esquerda, Paula Gama.)
(The only record of the moment when Si Fu leaves the room.In the background at far right, we can see Si Suk Ursula and Si Suk Diego organizing themselves with an unexpected responsibility. In the background in the left, Paula Gama walking off)

Quando a palestra começou, eu estava filmando e Si Fu por alguma razão que só fui descobrir dias depois, comunicou a todos que esperavam por ele, que seriam seus irmãos Kung Fu: Si Suk Ursula e Diego que coordenariam a palestra.  Ele simplesmente levantou-se e saiu andando e se retirou do recinto. 
Foi possível ver, a rapidez com que Si Suk Ursula se apropriou da situação. Tanto é que daquela palestra, Carlinha Bastos e Felipe Mury começaram a praticar. 
Mas eu não estava bem. Vi que a palestra estava sendo feita no improviso apesar de tudo, e eu queria muito, já naquela época, que as coisas dessem certo no Méier. Então não consegui entender porque Si Fu não tinha passado para mim aquela responsabilidade, já que estava sintonizado com a proposta.  Sem animo, troquei minha roupa e fiquei apenas filmando.
 
When the lecture began, I was filming and Si Fu for some reason that I only discovered days later, communicated to everyone who waited for him, that would be his Kung Fu brothers: Si Suk Ursula and Diego who would coordinate the lecture. He just got up and walked away and left the room.
It was possible to see, the speed with  Si Suk Ursula appropriated the situation. So much that of that speech, Carlinha Bastos and Felipe Mury began to practice.
But I was not well. I saw that the lecture was being done on the improvisation in spite of everything, and I wanted very much, at that time, that things would work out in Méier. So I could not understand why Si Fu had not given me that responsibility, since I was in tune with the lecture. Without mood, I changed my clothes and I was just filming.

 (Eu e Si Fu , juntos mais uma vez por ocasião do aniversário de 50 anos 
de Si Gung em Minas Gerais)
(Me and Si Fu, together again in an adventure because of the b-day of Si Gung 
in Minas Gerais when we celebrated his 50th anniversary)

Esse é um erro muito comum de um “novato” apesar de que eu já não era mais um.  Si Fu brincou recentemente com o termo “Julgar”. – “Qual o problema em julgar alguém?” – Indagou ele à mesa e todos sorriram já esperando alguma quebra de paradigma. Ele prosseguiu: “Uma das profissões mais valorizadas na sociedade é a de juiz. Eles ganham para julgar, então qual o problema em julgar?” – Indagou ele novamente, arrancando risadas. Finalmente concluiu: “A questão, é que não e que não se possa julgar,mas não se deve julgar errado.”
Naquele momento enquanto filmava, eu havia julgado errado. Não avaliei o cenário. Simplesmente elaborei de forma equivocada uma história em minha cabeça e acreditei nela. Si Fu me disse certa vez que aquela altura, eu já deveria ter xingado ele mentalmente: “Você já me xingou mentalmente, Pereira?” – Perguntou ele rindo. Eu respondi sem entender que não. Então ele completou rindo: “Um dia, pode ter certeza! Eu vou fazer uma coisa, você vai ficar chateado e vai me xingar mentalmente!” . – Eu respondi que não faria isso. E realmente eu nunca fiz.  Porém, preciso dizer que muitas e muitas vezes “julguei mal” as ações do Si Fu por não compreendê-las .  Não ia contra elas, mas as vezes parecia inconscientemente atrasá-las, mas desde sempre eu acabo seguindo ou acreditando. Hoje eu nem penso mais, apenas faço, porque sei que de alguma forma, as ideias do Si Fu sempre dão certo. Se não hoje, em algum momento acontecem.
Ao final do evento, acompanhei Si Fu até o prédio dos avós de suas duas filhas para buscá-las. Estava sentado no banco de trás enquanto Si Suk Diego sentava-se no banco da frente. Si Fu conduzia uma espécie de pós-evento sobre tudo que acontecera , a conversa aconteceu até o portão do Barra Bali, mas Si Suk Diego falou mais do que eu, por ter tido uma participação mais objetiva.

This is a very common mistake for a "rookie" even though I was no longer one. Si Fu recently joked with the term "Judge.: "What's the problem in judging someone?" - He asked at the table, and we all smiled, waiting for some paradigm break. He continued: "One of the most valued professions in society is the judge. They make money to judge, so what's the problem in judging? "- He asked again, tearing up laughs. Finally he concluded: "The question is that,: it is not it can not be judged, but it should not be judged wrong."
In that moment while filming, I had judged wrong. I did not evaluate the scenario. I simply misread a story in my head and believed it. Si Fu once told me that by now I should have cursed him mentally: "Have you ever cursed me, Pereira?"-  He asked, laughing. I answered without understanding that I did not. Then he finished laughing: "One day, you can be sure! I'm going to do something, you're going to be upset and you're going to curse me mentally! " - I said I would not do that. And I
really never did. However, I have to say that I have often "misjudged" the actions of Si Fu for not understanding them. I did not go against them, but sometimes I seemed to unconsciously delay them, but I have always followed or believed them. Today I do not even think anymore, I just do, because I know that in some way, Si Fu's ideas always work out. If not today, at some point they happen.

At the end of the event, I accompanied Si Fu to the grandparents building of his two daughters to pick them up. I was sitting in the back seat while Si Suk Diego sat in the front seat. Si Fu conducted a kind of post-event about everything that had happened, the conversation happened to the gate of Barra Bali building, but Si Suk Diego spoke more than I did, for having had a more objective participation.



Existe um filme chamado “The Snake in the Eagle´s Shadow” de 1979 estrelando o jovem Jackie Chan ao lado da lenda Simon Yuen . Este filme divertido, inocente e excelente para todas as idades, foi escrito e dirigido por outra lenda viva: Yuen Woo Ping, filho de Simon Yuen e coreográfo de filmes como “The Matrix”, “O Tigre o Dragão”, “Kill Bill” e “As Panteras”.

There is a 1979 film called "The Snake in the Eagle's Shadow" starring young Jackie Chan alongside legend Simon Yuen and Yuen Woo Ping, son of Simon Yuen and choreographer of such films as "The Matrix," ,"Crouchng Tiger, Hidden Dragon", "Kill Bill," and " and "Charlie´s Angels"

(O Si Hing de Jackie Chan suja o chão que ele acabou de limpar humilhando ele)
(Jackie Chan´s Si Hing messing the floor while Jackie is trying to clean it)

Neste filme, Jackie Chan é um órfão que vive de favor num Mo Gun coordenado por dois Daai Si Hing enquanto o Si Fu está sempre viajando. Como uma bela história de cinderela, Jackie Chan é humilhado pelos dois irmãos Kung Fu mais velhos e eles não o deixam ter acesso as práticas. Jackie prepara as refeições, limpa o Mo Gun e faz tudo sozinho, como um “Tapa-buraco”.

In this film, Jackie Chan is an orphan who lives by favor in a Mo Gun coordinated by two Daai Si Hing while Si Fu is always traveling. As a beautiful cinderella story, Jackie Chan is humiliated by the two older Kung Fu brothers and they will not let him have access to the practices. Jackie prepares meals, cleans the Mo Gun, and does it all alone, as a "makeshift person".

(O personagem de Simon Yuen é um adorável Mestre disfarçado de mendingo)
(The Simon Yuen´s character is an adorable Master disguised as a bum)


Do outro lado da cidade, Simon Yuen tenta sobreviver e encontrar um herdeiro para o estilo do qual é o último descendente: O estilo da serpente. Acontece, que o Clã do estilo Garra-de-Águia (Yee Jiao) que é rival do Clã da Serpente, assassinou todos os seus descendentes, só sobrando Simon Yuen que precisava viver escondido sem mostrar o que sabia.

Across the town, Simon Yuen tries to survive and find an heir to the style of which he is the last descendant: The snake style. It turns out that the Clan of the Eagle Claw (Yee Jiao), which rivals the Clan of the Serpent, murdered all its descendants, leaving only Simon Yuen who had to live hidden without showing what he knows.
(Jackie Chan salva Simon Yuen de agressores na rua)
(Jackie Chan saves Simon Yuen from bullies in the streets)

Em determinado momento, Simon Yuen que luta numa coreografia alucinante usando movimentos apoiados no potencial da situação sem mostrar nada do estilo da serpente, é atacado por um grupo. Jackie Chan mesmo sem saber lutar, ao presenciar a cena resolve ajudá-lo. Jackie cuida do velho mestre em segredo no Mo Gun, e ao partir sem avisar, Simon Yuen deixa um pouco do conhecimento do “Jaau Waai” do estilo da serpente para Jackie desenhado no chão. Apenas com isso, ele já é capaz de desviar dos ataques dos Si Hing.

At one point, Simon Yuen, who fights in an amazing choreography using movements based on the potential of the situation without showing anything of the snake style, is attacked by a group. Jackie Chan even though he does not know how to fight, watching the scene helps him. Jackie takes care of the old master secretly in the Mo Gun, and when leaving without warning, Simon Yuen leaves some of the knowledge of the "Jaau Waai" of the style of the serpent for Jackie drawn in the ground. Only with this, he is already able to divert the Si Hing attacks.

(Mais tarde Jackie acaba virando discípulo de Simon Yuen e se torna o herdeiro do estilo da serpente)
(Later Jackie ends up becoming Simon Yuen's disciple and becomes the heir to the snake style.)


TRAILER DO FILME:
MOVIES TRAILER:



(Si Fu em sua legendária pose contemplativa )
(Si Fu in his legendary contemplative pose)

Na Terça-feira seguinte ao final de semana da palestra, pedi para conversar com Si Fu. Coloquei minha insatisfação sobre a palestra ter sido feita de improviso. E que deveríamos ter sido eu ou ele a coordenar para não comprometer o trabalho no Méier. Ele apenas ouviu, apoiando o queixo nos dedos indicadores das duas mãos que estavam unidas como em posição de oração com os cotovelos sobre a mesa. Si Fu olhava para baixo, parecendo dar ênfase ao que estava ouvindo ou simplesmente se lamentando por ter sido mal compreendido.
Finalmente, comentei que muitas vezes, me sentia mais como um “tapa-buraco” na Família Kung Fu. Nesse momento Si Fu levantou os olhos e me olhou diretamente. E quando acabei de colocar para fora aquele caminhão de insatisfações infundadas ele disse: “Pereira, é uma pena você pensar assim. Não existe posição mais importante na Família Kung Fu do que a de tapa-buraco. Você sabia?” – Ele fez uma pausa me olhando enquanto sentava-se largado em sua cadeira de escritório com as mãos descansadas sobre os braços da cadeira. Eu disse que não sabia. Ele então comentou: “O tapa-buraco é a pessoa que o Si Fu mais confia para qualquer coisa.” – Nesse momento acabei me emocionando. Si Fu prosseguiu: “Não é um Daai Si Hing, não é um Si Suk, é esta a pessoa mais importante da Família Kung Fu. Então , se você se sente um tapa-buraco na Família , você deveria estar feliz com isso.”  - Si Fu então virou-se totalmente de frente para mim, e me disse algumas coisas, me olhando diretamente. Procurou deixar claro que ele sabia o que estava fazendo e disse sua famosa frase: “Eu não vou ser o elo fraco da corrente.”  -  Pensando bem agora, sempre achei que comecei a virar Si Fu na nossa emocionante conversa em 20 de Novembro de 2010 no Barra Shopping, mas talvez tenha começado nesse dia.

On the Tuesday following the lecture weekend, I asked to talk to Si Fu. I put my dissatisfaction about the lecture being made suddenly. And that we should have been he or she to coordinate so as not to jeopardize the work in Méier. He just listened, resting his chin on the index fingers of the two hands that were joined as if in prayer position with elbows on the table. Si Fu looked down, seeming to emphasize what he was listening to, or simply moaning for being misunderstood.
Finally, I commented that many times, I felt more like a "makeshift person" in the Kung Fu Family. At that moment Si Fu looked up and looked directly at me. And when I finished putting out that truck of unfounded dissatisfaction he said: "Pereira, it's a shame you think so. There is no more important position in the Kung Fu Family than the makeshift person position. Did you know? " - He paused watching me as he sat down on his office chair, his hands resting on the arms of his chair. I said I did not know. He then commented, "The makeshift person is the person that Si Fu trusts most for anything." - At that moment I was getting excited. Si Fu went on: "It's not the Daai Si Hing, it's not a Si Suk, it's that person the most important member of the Kung Fu Family. So, if you feel like a makeshift person in the Family, you should be happy about it. "- Si Fu then turned fully to face me, and told me some things, looking directly at me. He tried to make it clear that he knew what he was doing and said his famous phrase: "I will not be the weak link in the chain." - Thinking now, I always thought I started turning Si Fu into our exciting conversation on November 20. 2010 at Barra Shopping, but maybe it started that day.

(Eu , Jade e Si Fu em evento na praia da Barra em 2004)
(Me, Jade and Si Fu in an event organized in Barra Beach in 2004)

Si Fu falou da confiança que tinha que eu seria uma pessoa a levar essa arte para a próxima geração, não com essas palavras, mas resumidamente eu seria Si Fu, e que não poderia também ser o elo fraco da corrente.  Si Fu então terminou aquela conversa, de uma forma que eu reflito até hoje sobre o quanto não tive um olhar mais atento aquilo tudo na palestra, mas que ao mesmo tempo se tivesse , nunca ouviria aquilo tudo: “Thiago, hoje, posso dizer sem problema algum: Se algo acontecesse comigo, eu gostaria que fosse você a cuidar do Kung Fu da minha filha Jade”.  – Eu que já estava emocionado , me emocionei mais ainda.

Si Fu spoke of the confidence he had that I would be a person to take this art to the next generation, not in those words, but briefly I would be a" Si Fu", and that could not also be the weak link in the chain. Si Fu then ended that conversation, in a way that I reflect to this day on how much I did not have a closer look at it all in the lecture, but at the same time if I had, I would never hear it all: "Thiago, today, I can say without No problem: If something happened to me, I'd like you to take care of my daughter Jade's Kung Fu. " - I was already thrilled, I was even more moved.
(Jackie Chan durante momento de Vida Kung Fu com seu Mestre interpretado por Simon Yuen) 
(Jackie Chan during a Kung Fu Life moment with his Master played by Simon Yuen)

E me veio à cabeça enquanto estava sentado no ônibus indo pra casa, o personagem de Jackie Chan no filme “Snake in the Eagle´s Shadow”(1979). Quando assisti a primeira vez aos 18 anos, sonhava em viver algo assim, e ali, sentado no ônibus , me senti o cara mais burro de todos. Pois vivia aquela relação de ajudar na Família Kung Fu desde 2005 quando fui Gaai Siu Yan a primeira vez, e não havia me dado conta.
Talvez por isso, anos depois num engarrafamento, Si Fu comentou: “Fiquei muito decepcionado com sua falta de aderência ao projeto DDD21. Logo você que gosta da história do Leung Jaan com o Chan Wa Sun, que o Chan Wa Sun ajudava o Leung Jaan na farmácia do Si Fu sabe? E você nem deu bola . “ – Eu concordei e Si Fu completou: “ Você não entendeu que seu Si Fu não tem uma farmácia de medicina tradicional chinesa, mas tinha uma série.”

And it came to my head as I sat on the bus heading home, the Jackie Chan character in the movie "Snake in the Eagle's Shadow" (1979). When I watched the first time at age 18, I dreamed of living something like that, and there, sitting on the bus, I felt like the dumbest of them all. Because I was living that relationship of helping the Kung Fu Family since 2005 when I was Gaai Siu Yan the first time, and I did not realize it.

Maybe that's why, years later in a traffic jam, Si Fu commented: "I was very disappointed with  your lack of adherence to the DDD21 project. Soon you like the story of Leung Jaan with Chan Wa Sun, that Chan Wa Sun helped Leung Jaan at his pharmacy know? And you did not even bother. "- I agreed and Si Fu completed:" You did not understand that your Si Fu does not have a traditional Chinese medicine pharmacy, but had a tv series and you did not care. "


(Patriarca Ip Man)
(Patriarch Ip Man)


Por fim, talvez seja por estes tipos de episódios na relação “Si Fu – To Dai” que Si Jo Ip Man tenha dito que para ser um bom praticante de Kung Fu, não se poder ser muito burro nem muito inteligente.

Finally, it may be because of these types of episodes in the "Si Fu - To Dai" relationship that Si Jo Ip Man has said that to be a good Kung Fu practitioner, one can not be too stupid or too intelligent.


The Disciple of Master Julio Camacho
Thiago Pereira "Moy Fat Lei"
moyfatlei.myvt@gmail.com